Monday, July 18, 2016

an artist


“The Artist is no other than he who unlearns what he has learned, in order to know himself,”  E.E. Cummings

As with so many things in my life and ways of doing things in my life I seem to start with the perspective that I am not this or that, in fact I am less than this or that.  From that starting point I have to then painfully work my way up to being even equal to this or that.  Someone else might say: "why not start at equal to begin with? "  Well the bottom line is that starting from below and working up has made me strong but also has allowed me to learn empathy and compassion.

According to E.E. Cummings I am an artist.  According to me I am a wannabe that keeps trying but does not ever think she is above or superior and simply wants to be a little equal.




1 comment:

  1. There is a song I've heard somewhere, but for the life of me I can't remember the title or group, that essentially says I have a good start but fall behind and lose to someone else.

    Quite frankly there have been a number of times I have felt exactly like that. Don't know of that makes me an artist but I often my crappy writing is what helps me cope with the strangeness of my life.

    ReplyDelete